Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dude, Do We Really Want To Ignore The Violent Rhetoric From The Right?


Rep. John Dingell (D-MI) read these quotes yesterday on the House floor. 
  • Quoting Sharron Angle: "People are looking towards the second amendment remedies and saying my goodness, what can we do to turn our country around."
  • Angle again: "The first thing we need to do is take out blank." The exact quote: "The first thing we need to do is take Harry Reid out."
  • Quoting Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN): "I want people in blank armed and dangerous on this issue [of the energy tax] because we need to fight back."
  • Quoting Glenn Beck: "I want to kill blank with a shovel." The exact quote: "I want to kill Charlie Rangel with a shovel."
  • Beck again: "Every night I get down on my knees and pray blank will burst into flames." The exact quote: "Every night I get down on my knees and pray Dennis Kucinich will burst into flames."
  • Quoting Texas GOP candidate Stephen Broden: ''Our nation was founded on violence. I don't think that we should ever remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms.' ' The exact quote: ''Our nation was founded on violence. The option is on the table. I don't think that we should ever remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms.' '
  • Quoting Sarah Palin: "Don't retreat, reload."
  • Quoting would-be Alan West chief of staff Joyce Kaufman: "If ballots don't work, bullets will."


No comments:

Post a Comment