Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dude, This Weather Is Cool, Really Cool.



Well I haven't blogged much because the family is all home and my attention is geared towards them. So...........

I can't really remember a cold snap like this since I've lived here which has been since 1991. Last year was the snow storm of the century with a foot of the white stuff. It was fun watching the snow come down but the power being out sucked.....REALLY sucked!

Now I love this stuff. Not just the cold weather but "events". This year we get the coldest temps which just might break records tonight. It is truly is an event we will remember. As I sit here now the power is on, the heater is working and we are all cozy.

I also so love the thunderstorms that come through in the spring. The excitement of the newscasters and weather folks as they talk about possible tornados in the area can be addicting. Of course, I am one of those people who think "it will never happen to me" as far as tornados are concerned. The reality sets in though when the tornado sirens come on. Being raised in Utah I have never heard that before and I can imagine the fear I feel is similar to the fear people of London felt in WWII when the German Blitzkrieg flew over.

.....but for now the fire is going in the fireplace, Sarah is playing "kitchen", my wife is "working from home" (lol....I always laugh when people say they are doing that....yeah right) and Savannah is watching TV........... yeah, this weather is pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment